Thursday, July 1, 2010

Egleston Day 12/13/14 - 2 Weeks Old!

Snuggling with Daddy!

GOOOOO Dawgs! Sick 'em!


Yes, I know I am in pink.




I pulled out my tube, so my nurse was nice enough to let me have a bath before putting it back in, now you can see my chin!


Well, it is hard to belive that Avery is 2 weeks old today! We have had a good few days, but with some ups and downs. Avery was placed to gravity suction on her stomach tube, which is a step in the right direction to feeding, but it was too much for her little belly so yesterday they had to put it back to wall suction for a few days. The other thing that she has been doing lately is her oxygen levels go down when she is in a deep sleep, so last night they had to put her on some oxygen to keep her levels from going down. They still don't know what is causing it, they thought it was just the stress from the tube not having suction, but she is still doing it on wall suction. Hopefully, I can get some more answers when I talk to the doctor today. Avery is also going to get a visit from the Physical Therapist today. She is favoring sleeping on her left side because of her PICC line being in the right side of her head, so we are going to learn some exercises to do to help keep her head even!
She is still trucking along and a very sweet baby. She only fusses when stuff is coming up from the tube. She loves her pacifier and loves being held. I am so glad that she is a snuggler, it is so nice to hold her and rock her, it helps me to forget sometimes that she is in the hospital going through all of this!
So, please keep those prayers coming, we want her to get off the oxygen and maybe back to gravity suction so this little baby can get some food!



1 comment:

  1. She does have your chin, Courtney - and Lance's dimple :) Keep us posted on what the doctor says. We love you and will keep the prayers coming!

    ReplyDelete