Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Egleston Day 10/11

This is the first picture where you can see my dimple on my left cheek, just like my Daddy!

This is me in my very first dress! I like it because you don't have to undo any snaps to change my diaper!

Me and Daddy on the Boppy!




Well we have survived another day/night with Avery! We are trying to get used to sleeping with all of her alarms and IVs going off, but we are definitely feeling sleep deprived and a bit stressed out. We have been trying the routine of sleeping at the hospital every other night and that has been working out ok. But, when we are not there we feel guilty for not being with her, but also know that we need our rest and we need to stay healthy, so it is an ongoing battle.
Avery is such a chill little baby! She gets mad when she realizes she is hungry, but when she is awake she just looks around and we read books and sing and she is just happy. She sleeps alot too and really enjoys sucking on her pacifier. She makes a really loud sucking noise, like Maggie Simpson, so we call her maggie sometimes!
She continues to have green output from her stomach tube, which we are waiting to go down and get clear. After that happens they will take the suction away from the tube and Avery will push it out on her own. Then after that gets better, she may get some food. We are content to wait until Avery is ready, I'll wait as long as she needs to get healthy!

My new favorite way to snuggle with Mommy!





1 comment:

  1. God Bless you all!! She is beautiful and you guys are such wonderful parents. I can't help but tear up as I read your blog. Babies are such blessings and I'm so happy for you both!!
    ~Kelly Rogers

    ReplyDelete