Saturday, June 19, 2010

Egleston Day 2











Finally, I am getting to this blog. I am very new at it so I apologize for any errrors. My plan is to update this as Avery gets better and keep everyone informed of her recovery.... we'll see how it goes!
I was finally released from Piedmont this morning around 10 am and we went straight to see Avery. She had had a good night and was alert when we got to her. She has gone down on needing help on the ventillator and they said that she will go down again tomorrow and maybe off of it by Monday or Tuesday. She was getting morphine for pain, but only needed it twice today which is much better than yesterday. She still has a large amount of stuff being suctioned from her stomach that isn't moving into her intestines, which is normal at this point, this is one of the indications that she is ready for food is when the fluid is clear. Her belly looks good, as you will see in the pictures it looks like a large scab, but the darkness is actually a bunch of tiny stiches that are pulled together to create a belly button like scar.

We loved getting to spend the day with her. Our favorite time is when her eyes are open and she is alert, it is so fun to just sit and watch her. We are even learning her little quirks already. One thing we have noticed is that she loves keeping her left arm bend and by her head/neck. It must be how she was in utero. I got to change her diaper today! Ah, the little things in life sure change...



So we will go again in the morning to see our little girl. The nurse said that we may even get to hold her! That would be so awesome, we can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. She looks amazing! I'm so happy that she's here and that her surgery went so well. I'll bet she's off the ventilator within the first few days. They did the same stomach/intestine pump with Erin. She looked clear day 6 and they fed her Day 7. I'll have my fingers crossed for same or better time for Avery! You are all in our prayers. We can't wait to meet Avery. Keep the pictures coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... I know I'm jet lagged having gotten back from China barely 24 hours ago, but it took me about 5 minutes to realize that I did NOT write wht is above me, and that it was JennIFER Muller :)

    Avery looks great. Like every Muller... she's a fighter!! I'm keeping her in my prayers and can't wait to meet her soon enough!! After all... I have high end chocolate, wine, and purses to introduce to her, as soon as she's ready ;)

    I love you guys and thanks for sending the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that Avery made it here in time for Father's Day!! So happy she's doing so well already, what a trooper! She's just beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. Give her a big kiss from Auntie Becky when you get to hold her next time!! Love ya and lots of prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so cute, even with all her 'gadgets'!. And Courtney, you look FABulous for just having given birth! Holy smokes! Lance, you are lucky to have such beautiful ladies in your life! I'm glad she is doing well & making such progress! I will be checking in tomorrow or Tuesday to see if she gets extubated! Go Avery!!

    :) Thinking of you guys every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks great! She'll be showing that bebo aka belly button off at belly button beach in no time! Courtney you look like you just stepped off the beach not from giving birth. Happy Father's Day to Lance and keep the updates coming. Ryan and I are thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete