Monday, July 12, 2010

Egleston Day 23/24 - Unleashing the Beast!

Me in my Georgia Peach Hat

Snuggling with Daddy

Smiling at Mommy


Trying to work on holding my head up!


Avery continues to do really well with her feeding. She is now at 20 ml of milk a feeding and they are increasing her feeding to 25 ml overnight. She is no longer getting a suppository and is having stools on her own, which is outstanding.

The problem with this new found milk stuff is that Avery likes it and wants alot more of it! It is consistently taking us 30min-1hours to calm her down after her feeding because she wants more. A few days ago, we were able to trick her with the pacifier, but last night we saw a new side of our sweet baby girl! We are excited that she is eating so well and cannot wait for her to get to full feeds so she can calm down a bit.

The other really exciting thing is that we got to try breastfeeding today. I thought that it would be a few days more, but Avery is doing so good, they thought just give it a try. The lactation consultant was there and told me not to expect her to latch right away and that it might take several trials. Well, Avery latched right on and started going to town! The lactation consultant had to leave to go ask the doctor if it was ok if she kept eating, because we have no way of monitoring how much she was getting. So we fed for about 7 minutes or so and then Avery was really mad! I am so proud of her. My biggest fear was that she wasn't going to be able to breast feed and all of my pumping would have been for nothing, but my little trooper did awesome. We are going to try again for a few feeds tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I am so so so happy to hear of her amazing progress. Congratulations on the breast feeding -- I know you are happy to know she likes it and is doing so well. Good luck with your hungry fiesty little booger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that breastfeeding worked well the first time. I know how special that time is. Loving the updates and loving that she is progressing better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the picture of her smiling at you, Court! Her dimples are absolutely adorable! Love dimples!! Again, how in the hell did you just have a baby?!? You look freakin' ridiculously good!?! You must take notes and share your secrets with me if I ever find myself in this predicament...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So happy that her first breadtfeeding went so well! What a special bonding time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Court, I'm so happy for you both!! Glad she did so well the first time you got to breastfeed, way to go on keeping up with the pumping! She is such a cutie and I love these amazing updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great! Breastfeeding is such a great bonding experience between mommy and baby. I'm so glad it seems to be working for you guys! Keep up the good work.
    ~kelly

    ReplyDelete