Saturday, July 17, 2010

Surprise!- We're Home!

In the carseat for the first time!

Leaving the hospital, look at all my stuff!

Getting my PICC line out!


Me with my nurse Erin

Me with my primary nurse Sara


Avery is back up to rockstar status! The past couple of days have been very eventful. On Wednesday evening the doctors decided that Avery didn't need to have the sleep study again, she hadn't shown any signs of decreased oxygen and was not showing any apnea, so they cancelled the study! She was doing so well with feeding, they let me exclusively breastfeed her on Thursday and if she gained weight, they would let her go home on Friday! So we ate and ate on Thursday to make sure that she gained weight. Well, when we weighed her she was actually .45 grams less, but she had just had a diaper that weighed .83 grams, so they gave her the go ahead to come on home! We left around 3 pm on Friday and it was so great! It was sad to leave the hospital, we have gotten so close with everyone there and they gave us a great send off.
Avery did very well with the car seat and ride home, she slept the whole way. I can't even begin to express how great it is to walk around the room holding her without any lines or tubes! We hung out on the couch all afternoon together and are just so excited to be home! Last night was actually better than in the hospital. She slept really well and only fussed a few times but it was only when it was time to eat. After she ate, she went right back to sleep. We are definitely feeling sleep deprived, waking up every 2-3 hours, I know all you parents know how that is. But, we are so happy to have her home and be parents to Avery. I still can't belive that she is here right next to me at home while I type this! Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and good thoughts, Avery says thanks too!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I admit I cried a little bit reading this. What a happy story! How blessed you are to finally be home with your healthy baby! Congratulations ~ Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Avery! I was so surprised to read this! Welcome to "normal" parenting! ;-) Doesn't "normal" feel good!? -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. sniff sniff, who could read this without watery eyes. What a blessing to have you all home. Praise God!! Donisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is NOT the title I expected to see today, what AWESOME news!! Congrats Avery, way to go! So glad you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, little Avery!!! So happy you are finally home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I'm so excited for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Welcome home Avery! We're so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very happy for Avery and for her parents. We all cheered at the family reunion when we heard the news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay my eyes are FILLED with tears! I am so thankful she is home and can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete