Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Egleston Again Day 14/15

In my pumpkin hat that my friend at the hospital Pam made

During my EKG

I love being clean!

Avery is now up to 65mls and loving it! A full feed for her, according to the doctor is around 65-85mls depending on how hungry she is. She is sucking down the food and doing really well with feeds. She is now up to 8lbs 6oz! Her new thing has been her heartrate. Last week we were worried about it being to slow, well since the weekend, it has been too high. It happens when she is eating and anxious. They did another EKG yesterday and the report didn't say anything. I think she is so worried that we are going to take food away again so she gets really anxious and excited when she eats. Another theory is that she has had so many antibiotics and medicine, her body is just off. Who knows! Hopefully now that she is off antibiotics and almost off her IV nutrition and her central line comes out, she will go back to normal. We are still maybe looking at the end of the week for discharge, I sure hope its soon!

4 comments:

  1. I would get excited about eating too! Wait, I still do get really excited about eating. :) Glad to hear she's doing well. Hope you and Lance are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney, Just wanted to let you know Avery had a much better night after we talked last night. She splet soundly between feedings. Granted I held her a bit after each feeding, but an improvement in my book. She even had a good awake time after her 0600 feed for about 20 minutes. Her heart rate stayed btw 140-160 while she was awake looking around. Hope today she is still on that track. I left you guys something in her carseat. I hope to see that you guys are at home with her soon. I won't be back until Monday night, so will miss you guys! Take care and please keep in touch. I want to see this precious little one grow up. Grace and Peace, Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It is amazing what an extra lb will do. She looks so great in these pics. I get pretty excited when I eat too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Pixie she is. Love that hat. Hope you all will be home soon.

    Donisa Page

    ReplyDelete